Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Funky Junk

Scored this perfect e (for eastman) for the boys playroom at Unified Groove Merchants in Spokane, on Monroe St. Awesome price, and even better it's from an old Shell gas station, which I think are now extinct in this area. Gas + boys= love.
My favorite coffee can, it is rusty inside, but the graphics, oh my!! I saw the matching large can at my sister's house today, along with an amazing red and white Big Valu Coffee can. Hmmm.
A few of the very favorites from my collection; in my laundry room on the Pottery Barn Kids shelf I scored at my moving sale from
my sister!! Vintage coffee cans, what can I say. Affordable, graphic, happy collection!! I have to part with this one due to space, so it will be in my booth at Funky Junk!!
Found these at The Vintage Rabbit, my longtime favorite in Spokane...I went in with posters for the show and came out with this big splurge!! I know the boys will love them for camping, and I love them period.
I am slowly, quietly building my vintage & retro salt and pepper shaker collection to house my building glitter collection...My junker/scrapping friends Jennifer Wood & Christy Dunham are years ahead of me with this idea-thanks girls!! I think it will be my favorite thing to search for at my show!
Love old crepe paper and love old crepe paper package design! This is part of my spring display. I wish I hadn't have sold my green package...and wish I would have bought the amazing crepe paper store display I found once upon a time!!!
Love this little guy; he was one of my very first finds, and I had a vintage squeaky toy display in each of my nursery's...but now my youngest is 2 and we are changing to little boy vintage, so wave bye-bye to me; hello to your new home cutie!
Bought from some of my all time Farm Chicks vendors, Forget-Me-Not Nancy & Sally, I think it is coming to Funky Junk to find a new home. Those girls always have THE BEST junk!!
Perfect blue three shelf vintage side table I bought from my mom at Funky Junk; just not sure if it fits in my new office, so it is going to Funky Junk!


My very first junky project, even before being a Farm Chicks vendor! This was a window from the old family farmhouse. Probably going in my office to stay.



So there are some of my junking funky finds, some recent, some recently unpacked. I am going through all of my treasures and deciding what I can fit in my new home, new design, new life and what I can pass on to someone else. Not always easy decisions, but as I just read, I can love everything I see, I just can't keep everything I love! Happy junking trails...

Hollie


PS...A huge thank you to Jennifer for clicking one simple button for me and teaching me how to label my pictures. Turns out I have been doing this the hard way for a year!!=)

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful Treasures!!! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all your goodies! Can't wait for the show too....see you there!
    Shirley
    Hudson's Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "e" sign from the gas station. What a great score!! Can't wait for the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure the "e" isn't for erin?...lol..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you girls!!! I quite love my 'e'...and no erin you may not have it=)...Can't wait to see you all too!! It's almost time!!!!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hollie,
    Great collection of Coffee cans you have there. Perfect display for them! My fave is the crepe paper display. Very seldom do I find crepe paper in NY. Lovely! The Show is going to be a hit . I can tell:)
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet Liz!! I so wish I would have bought the crepe paper store display!! Glad we share that collecting love=)
    And thanks for the encouragement my cross country blogger friend!!
    Hollie=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your finds, Hollie...I LOVE the crepe paper package...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Letters & Coffee Cans....can't get any better than that for collecting, and anything thing from Nanc is great!

    Can't wait for the Funky Junk Show!!

    XO GLad & Celia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Linda! THat crepe paper is a particular fave of mine!
    Gladys & Celia...you said it all=) See you really soon!
    Love
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That window is great and the letters.....oh love the old sign letters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good to bump into you at The Shop. I love those coffee cans. Isn't that the great, but hard thing about junking- deciding what to keep and what to part with. I'm excited for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth...thanks! I am in love with old sign letters...it's a dream of mine to find a stash somewhere=)...
    Becca, so great to see you!! So hard to decide...that will be what I'm doing this weekend getting ready for Funky JUnk...can't wait to see you!=)
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete

Hey, aren't you sweet!